Add some culture to your Iftar table today and try out this delicious homemade Saudi dish with a twist. Will you be cooking Kabset Shish Tawook for Iftar?
Cooking time: 45 min Serves: 4-6 people
1 mix pouch of Maggi shish tawook
1 cup of yogurt
2 cups pf basmati rice
2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of saffron
½ tsp of turmeric
½ cup of orange juice
½ tsp of orange zest
1/3 cup of oil
1 large crushed onion
1 tbsp of tomato paste
2 tomatoes and onions chopped
1 fried eggplant chopped
½ cup of thinly sliced carrots
3 pieces of crushed garlic
½ cup of roasted almonds for garnish
1. Marinate the chicken with Maggi Shish Tawook Mix, yogurt, and oil, for the best results follow the instructions on the pack.
2. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and then add the onions and garlic until caramelized, then add the chicken and stir.
3. Add the turmeric, the orange juice, and the orange zest.
4. Add the tomato paste and then add 1 liter of water and leave it for 20 minutes to simmer on high heat.
5. Add rice, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes and the eggplant and let it cook for 20 minutes. For serving: Place in serving plate and decorate with the toasted almonds.
This recipe is powered by Maggi.