Please note: This recipe yields a fairly large cheesecake; enough to fill a 9” pan, which produces about 12 generous portions.
You will need:
- An 8” or 9” spring form pan
- A food processor
- A stand mixer or hand mixer
For the crust:
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 60g butter
- 30g Nutella
- 35g granulated white sugar
- 25g hazelnuts
For the cheese layer:
- 750g cream cheese
- 100g powdered/icing sugar
- 125g Nutella
- 50 ml heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp gelatin powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the ganache:
- 100 ml milk
- 150g chocolate (finely sliced)
*Bring all your ingredients to room temperature (about 30 minutes before starting).
- Crush the biscuits and the hazelnuts together in a food processor with the sugar until they reach the fineness of coarse sand.
- Add the softened butter and Nutella to the food processor and pulse a few times until you start to see small clumps form.
- Empty the mixture onto your cake pan and pack and press firmly to condense the crust layer into an even disc.
- Keep the cake pan in the fridge to set the crust, while you make the cheese layer.
- Put the cream cheese and icing sugar together in a food processor or use a stand/hand mixer and cream until light and fluffy.
- Then add the Nutella and heavy cream and beat again until well combined.
- Dissolve the gelatin powder in a couple of tablespoons of hot water and add it to the cheese mixture along with the vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Take the cake pan – with the set crust – out of the refrigerator and pour the cheese mixture on top of the crust. Try to even out and level the cheese layer in the pan and then refrigerate it again for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up the milk in a small sauce pan (do not allow it to boil!).
- In a small glass bowl add the hot milk to the finely shaved chocolate (or you could just use chocolate chips).
- Let this rest undisturbed for at least 5 minutes before stirring it.
- Stir the ganache while the milk is still warm until you get a shiny melted milk chocolate.
- Once the cheese layer has fully set, pour the chocolate ganache over it and refrigerate the finished cheese again for at least 6 hours until it gets nice and firm.
Remove your cake from the spring-form pan and serve!
For more delicious recipes follow Mido Eats on Instagram